Saturday, December 8, 2007

RCY Challenge 2007

This camp is full of 'first-time' for me.

This was my first time:
1. in a camp as a VI
2. Interacting with cadets other than those back in Broadrick
3.Camping in Changi Coast MOE Campsite
4. I saw many seniors that I never see before
5. Abseiling
6. 'Suicide jump at 2.5 storeys high (high elements)
7. Mountain-biking (Pulau Ubin)
8. Archery
9. I saw some fellow instructors since 2 years ago who were my ULP-mates and NDP-mates
10. I enjoyed camp so much! (irregardless any past camps I attended)

RCY Challenge 2007 was my second camp (1st was linkamania) in RCY as a non-cadet(nor link!), but my first camp as an instructor. It was also my first time interacting with cadets, other than my own unit back in Broadrick. And that was the biggest Challenge for me.

I really learn alot in this camp and experienced many activities that I'd never done before.

I'm deeply inspired by the organisers by their capability to make such a massive camp a wonderful success; as well as the cadets for being co-operative and respectful.

I paid $15 and it's definitely worth every single cents because, it makes me,
1. enthu to organise my own unit camp
2. put in more effort in my unit
3. want to take part in more HQ events
4. see the fun side of a VI
5. and the reasons from the previous list!

I regret for missing the chance to rock-climb!