Friday, January 4, 2008

Movies 2008

Happy New Year!

As a movie lover, I'm so happy that this year will release many good movies! I remember the last time I felt very much for movies was in 2002/03. That was went Spiderman, and Star Wars: Episode II, and the 1st installment of Harry Potter. That was the start of my fondness of cinema-going. But then during my lower secondary days, there weren't many good movies in the box office. The atmosphere wasn't there. Well, good movies bring sensations. And sometimes people like me gets addicted to these sensations. And I believe, 2008 will provide this sensations adequately throughout the whole year!



"Must Watch!" Movies 5 stars

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (sure rocks!)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (It's a yearly affair!)
Iron Man (sounds exciting!)
The Dark Knight (I never missed any of his movie before!)
Spawn II (my childhood superhero!)
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (I just love Mummy!)
The Incredible Hulk (a re-make of the green monster)
James Bond 22 (the first ever bond movie to be a sequel of the previous installment)
Hellboy: The Golden Army (the 1st movie is very nice!)
Rambo IV (I missed three of it and not gonna miss this one!)
The Forbidden Kingdom (Jackie Chan! Jet Li!)



"I don't mind watching" Movies 4 stars

The Eye (Jessica Alba!!!)
Horton Hears a Who! (That funny cartoon elephant trailer!)
Speed Racers (fast and furious yet again!)
Star Trek (won't be a disappointing one!)
Ah-Long Limited (an annual CNY treat from Jack Neo)
Kung Fu Dunk (no more piano-playing, ball this time!)
CJ 7 (Stephen Chow's new trick up his sleeves)
Cloverfield (something like Godzilla...)
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (I'll try to watch the 1st movie if not I'll skip this too...)
Punisher: War Zone (another comic tale...)
Babylon A.D. (Vin Diesel, Michelle Yeoh...there's gotta be lots of action!)
Step Up 2: The Streets (keeps my feet moving!)
Goal! 2: Living the Dream... (see my friend gregory wanna watch)
Goal! 3 (release still not confirmed)
Madagascar 2: The Crate Escape (the first one was funny!)
Ace Ventura Jr. (man, Jim Carrey's not in it!)
Day of the Dead (it should be good)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (sounds cool!)
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (I don't play the game...)



"See how first..." Movies 3 stars

Meet the Spartans (not another parody...)
Superhero! (looks not bad...)
Mad Money (a good time-passer)
The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A Veggietales Movie (I don't know what to say! Veggies?!)
10,000 BC (I'm interested in history, not really prehistoric ones though)
Shutter (a re-make, shall see then)
Angels and Demons ( I didn't see Da Vinci Code...)
The Time Traveller's Wife (sci-fi romance)
Scary Movie 5 (another scary movie...)
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (interesting storyline...)
Australia (a war movie starring Nicole Kidman)
The Box (some horror flick)
Possession (starring Sarah Michelle Gellar)
Starship Dave (a sci-fi comedy)
Wall-E (another pixar animation about some cute robots)