Sunday, September 9, 2007

Loving and Wanting

Most are confused with these two feelings. Both are entirely different from each other, yet they appear similar but both yields actions that are poles apart, creating consequences that are of great contrast.

Confused with these feelings, but the fact is, it is very easy to distinguish them. Most often than not, we denied the 'wanting' feeling and lie to ourselves that we're actually 'loving' all this while.

Here's a story( not a real one though):

I love a particular handphone. I want it so much that saved up alot for it and finally owned it. I love it very much. It's always in my pocket and if not I'll feel insecure. It delievers joy to me when I contact my mates.

One day, I wake up to find out that my handphone was gone. I searched for it panickly feared that I'd miss all my contact numbers or I'll never ever receive the joy which the handphone delivered to me, but still it couldn't be found. I was sad, and feel pain in my heart.

I love a particular girl. I want her so much that I put in alot of effort courting her and finally won her heart. I loved her very much. She's always by my side and if not I'll feel insecure. She delievers joy to me when I'm with her.

One day, I wake up to find out that my girlfriend left me. I called and sms-ed her every second panickly for fear that she'd left for another guy or I'll never ever receive the joy which she deliever to me, but still she didn't reply. I was sad, and feel pain in my heart.


Here's another story( also not a real one):

I love a particular handphone. I saved up alot for it and finally owned it. I love it very much. I cherished it and feel grateful to own it.

One day, I wake up to find out that my handphone was gone. I search for an hour but still it couldn't be found. I give a nod and start to save money again.

I love a particular girl. I showered her with all the love and care that I can give her and finally won her heart. I loved her very much. I cherished the time being with her and feel grateful to be with her.

One day, I wake up to find out that my girlfriend left me. I called her up twice, she didn't pick up. I give a nod and start to move on.


Given at the end of the day, looking at the consequence you'd face, would you choose to want, or love? Obviously love isn't it. But most of the time, do we incorporate the act of love? Or do we constantly seek suffering? As I shall speak for myself only, I've always been wanting, as I suffers most of the time.

From now onwards, I'll start to love, loving what is.

It may be difficult, but who says it should be easy.

Sending a message expecting no replies won't be painful anymore.

I'll be able to say goodbye to all my sufferings!!! Yippie!!!

Wanting is being possessive,
Loving brings happiness.

It feels good being able to realise and aware of such things.