Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Scorpion and Tortoise

Tortoise was happily soaking himself in the river. Scorpion soon appeared by the shore.

'Mr. Tortoise, will you give me a lift across the shore, please? My son is lost at the other side of the river and he must be starving by now. Please, i have to get there...' ,Scorpion pleaded.

Tortoise instinctively know that the Scorpion was down to trap him, but pitied his son.

'I'm not a fool, you'll sting me!' Tortoise defended.

'Why would i sting someone who'd help me! Please Tortoise, my son is very pitiful right now, please help me get to him, I promise i won't sting you...'Scorpion affirmed.

That sounds logical to Tortoise, 'Why would i be stinged for helping?'. And the soft-hearted Tortoise sympathised for the young scorpion even more.

'Please...Please...' Scorpion pleaded sorrowfully.

Tortoise finally made a decision, ' Alright Scorpion, I'll help you, but you better don't sting me.'

'Of course, thank you so much!

Tortoise felt great having to help Scorpion and being thanked, and his fear of being stung soon subsides.

Scorpion got onto Tortoise, and on the way to the other shore.

Upon the arrival of the destination, Tortoise was stung.





What's the moral of the story?