Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Secret that Cannot be Told




Kwai Lun-Mei
Tseng Kai-Xuan
Who's prettier?
I just caught this movie and keep wondering that question. Jay is one lucky son-of-the-gun. I guess I still like the one on the left more. Although this is one of those films whereby you can quite easily know what's the ending, you'll still pull up your socks and watch it enthusiastically and watch the plot unfolds. Why? Because the plot is not that easy to grasp, as the incidents does not flow on a normal timeline.(I gotta re-watched some scenes before I know what's going on!)
But the selling point is not on the cheesy and romantic tag lines and scenes, rather it is the piano which brights up the whole picture. The pieces are tremendously beautiful. Especially 'The Secret' itself and the one played during the graduation ceremony scene. Uplifting and soothing. It does motivates me to hit onto the piano once more.
3.5 stars!
"Follow the notes upon the journey,
At first sight marks one's destiny.
Once the voyage comes to an end,
Return lies the hasty key."
- As found in the "The Secret" manuscript